Based on the strategic objectives of scientific research at the University of Gezira, the Economic and Social Sector, represented in:
Faculty of Economy and Rural Development
Faculty of communication sciences
Faculty of Development Studies
Faculty of Commercial Studies
Islamization of knowledge
Centre The strategy of scientific research of the sector identifies the vision and message of the scientific research, which empowers the Sector to provide high-quality scientific production that serve comprehensive human development of the society. Furthermore, it enables the Sector to make use of its potential and capabilities through the proposed objectives and policies in order to maximize the available options, besides, capacity-building and making constant change toward a better position.
Excellence and leadership in the areas of scientific research of the economic and social sector, with prospect that the sector will become a key reference for the country in the fields of economic, financial and administrative science, Dawaa and information and Taasil of knowledge (to relate knowledge to Islam’s rules)
The message of the Sector is to keep up with the contemporary changes in the issues and challenges that face the economic and social sector in Sudan, and to enable the capacity to put forward appropriate research remedies to those issues. The philosophy of Scientific Research:
The philosophy of scientific research
for the economic and social sector is to achieve a comprehensive and sustainable development of Sudan.
The strategy aimed at preparing and implementing a comprehensive and integrated research plan in a designated time to achieve the university leadership in the area of scientific research in order to make the university in the lead of the international acknowledged universities. The following are the main objectives of the strategy:
1/ Directing the research plans of the Sector to cope with changes in the Sector’s issues.
2/ Encouraging intra-researches between the components of the economic and social sector at the individual and community levels
3/ To enhance the lead researches in the area of Tassil of knowledge and the purposes of Sharia,
4/ To establish, develop and enhance the research relation between the components of the economic and social sector at the university and the other research and academic institutions.
5/ To provide technical and research consultations through carrying out scientific researches on issues that concern the Sector.
To achieve the objectives set for the sector, the following steps will be followed:
1/ Organizing conferences for Scientific Research: once every two years to discuss the issues of scientific research that concern the economic and social sector of the university.
2/ Issuing a regulation that governs the scientific research in the areas of the Sector
3/ Organizing different specialized training sessions to strengthen the research capacity of research frameworks in the Sector.
4/ Effective participation in implementing the researches provided by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
5/ Organizing workshops, seminars and periodical lectures in the area of scientific research in the sector.
Faculty of Economics and Rural Development
Topics for Scientific Research
1. Department of Economy
* Development financing (activate domestic resources and foreign direct investment).
* Development objectives of the third millennium.
* Regional economic integration and development.
* Macroeconomic Policies (cash and finance).
2. Department of Rural Development:
* The economic and social impacts of development projects
* Empowerment of the countryside and food security
* Development dimensions of political systems
* Globalization and the countryside
* Structural and functional changes of rural family
* The role of women in a sustainable development
* The cultural foundations for rural development
* Women and poverty
* The role of media in rural development.
* The role of local government in development
*The role of dams in rural development and
*The role of microfinance in rural development
* Civil society institutions and rural development
3/ Department of Accounting and Finance:
* Applications of Islamic finance forms.
*Microfinance and smaller microfinance.
* Accounting in small and medium-sized enterprises.
* Investment problems and overlapping specializations.
* The phenomenon of public money abuse.
* The problems embezzlement and financial corruption.
* Control systems and internal surveillance.
* Searching for national accounting standards.
* Regulation of accountancy profession and auditing in Sudan.
* Problems of accounting education outputs.
* Methods of financing High Education and Scientific Research.
* Management and development of Human resources.
* Entrepreneurship and management of small projects.
* Issues of marketing.
* Issues of performance upgrade and total quality
* Information development systems.
* Strategic issues of management and business environment.
* Issues of finance and financial management.
* Management and following-up of projects and feasibility study.
* Issues of organizational structure in business institutions.
* Management of change.
* Management of international businesses.
* Management of non-governmental organizations.
* Management of production and research operation.
4/ Department of Business Administration:
5/ Department of Applied Statistics and Demography
* Medical Statistics.
* The census.
* Population and development.
* Applied statistics.
* Insurance statistics
* Trends of political reform in the Islamic world
* Constitution and the Sudanese identity
* Threats to the Sudanese National Security
*Pillars of the Sudanese nation structure
*Future of Sudan after separation
* The political changes in the neighboring countries and their impact on Sudan
* Great Middle East project between home challenges and foreign interventions.
* Activating values in political practice
* How we think systematically in the current international situation
* Islam and Islamophobia
* Managementof pluralism
6/ Department of Political Science and International Relations:
* Population and development
* Basic demographics
* Reproductive health
*Medical statistics *Biostatistics
* The census
* Statistics and Demography
* Population Studies
7/ Population Studies Centre:
* Development objectives (Department of Rural Development and Department of Economics).
* The Economics of banks (Department of Economics and Department of Accounting and Finance)
8/ Training Economic, Social and Administrative Studies Centre:
* Economics Finance
* Economic and social impact of microfinance projects
* Economic and financial policies associated with microfinance
*Strategies of microfinance.
* financing small projects. Advantages of research in the Faculty: • Various and diverse academic backgrounds of the teaching staff in the Faculty.
* Knowledge and academic blending and integration among the Department of the Faculty.
* Supervision of postgraduate students outside Sudan.
* Interrelation with the academic and research institutions outside Sudan in terms of research and teaching staff.
* Establishing scientific and Research partnerships (Sudan Central Bank, Bureau of the General Auditing, Khartoum Stock Exchange Market, the Council of Organization Accountancy and Auditing Profession in Sudan, universities, National Council for Population, foreign organizations).
* Availability of a number of distinguished researchers in their fields.
9/ Microfinance Research and Studies Centre:
* Migration of academic cadres outside Sudan
* Weakness of finance allotted for scientific research
* Weakness of necessary infrastructure
* Weak salaries
Threats to the Faculty: